What You’ll Learn
- Why the archetype of the strong black female can be counterproductive to recovery
- What to do with the feelings once you stop the behaviors
- Why intimacy is scary
- How to have a healthy and loving relationship with yourself and others
- What are the nine truths around eating disorders
Feel the feeling and do it anyway.
Favorite Recovery Resource
Advice to Former Self
You are so worthy and lovable. I’d really really want her to know, that anything that’s happened, anything that she didn’t have in terms of a family structure and support…I would just tell her it’s going to get better. It’s just going to get better.
I had an intense moment of “what’s coming next, I need a job” because I am between freelance projects. I called a friend sobbing and was really relieved that I had a place to be fragile that feels safe and that I was willing to be vulnerable.
Definition of Recovery
Being able to be present.
For Your Journey
- 2016 Recovery Warrior Calendar (Use discount code WARRIOR to receive 10% off your order)
- Find professional help through Recovery Warriors Help Finder
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye
Connect with Stephanie