Five years ago, Sharon Zimbler MFT began her work as program therapist at the thriving eating disorder treatment center that is, Montecatini. Located in Carlsbad, California, Sharon is now the CEO of this healing center. In addition to making outstanding contributions to the co-occurring substance abuse and eating disorder treatment program that is offered at Montecatini, Sharon is a nationally sought after speaker with many years of expertise on this very topic. As a woman in recovery herself, she uniquely understands the challenges and triumphs of this journey from both a personal and professional standpoint. In this episode, Sharon shares her experience, strength, and hope on recovery from disordered eating as well as alcoholism.
What You’ll Learn
- Common co-occurring disorders many individuals face when entering treatment
- How the game of whack-a-mole relates to recovery and how you can beat it
- The importance of getting to the root of your eating disorder in order to stop using disordered behaviors and change your life
- Why creating a “new narrative” about yourself is paramount to the recovery process
- How the 12 steps can help you recover and find a new way to live free from any addictive pattern
We need to act ourselves into right thinking and feeling.
Favorite Recovery Resource
Alcoholics Anonymous literature as well as Mindfulness and the 12 Steps: Living Recovery in the Present Moment by Therese Jacobs-Stewart
Advice to Former Self
Stop being so stubborn and take risks; do things you don’t want to do and get out of your own way.
Definition of Recovery
The ability to think, do, and believe differently.
For Your Journey
- Montecatini Eating Disorder Treatment Center
- Sign up for the FREE 7 Day FoodBodyLove Rally
- Music by JR Patterson at the Voice Collective
- Find professional help through Recovery Warriors Help Finder
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes