Tune in to this inspirational interview with Shannon Kopp, author of Pound for Pound: A Story of One Woman’s Recovery and the Shelter Dogs Who Loved Her Back to Life to learn more about her story of healing and reconnecting to her heart.
Are You Ready For 2016?
What You’ll Learn
- What shelter dogs and people in recovery have in common
- Powerful life lessons we can learn from our pets
- The benefits to having an emotional support animal
- When to know it is the right time to adopt an animal
- Why it is important to focus on living in the here and now
- An effective way to deal with anxiety and depression
Today is always here…tomorrow, never. -Toni Morrison
Favorite Recovery Resources
Advice to Former Self
- She would talk to her former self in the same way she talks to shelter dogs today, with love and compassion.
- You’re lovable, despite whatever you does. There is no amount of vomit or bingeing or weight gain or pants sizes or whatever is resulting from the eating disorder or on your mind from the eating disorder. There is no amount of that that can make you unlovable. In fact, having gone through it you are at some point in your life going to be a more compassionate person.
Definition of Recovery
For Your Journey
- Pound for Pound: A Story of One Woman’s Recovery and the Shelter Dogs Who Loved Her Back to Life
- 2016 Recovery Warrior Calendar (Use discount code WARRIOR to receive 10% off your order!)
- Find professional help on ConnectED
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye
Connect with Shannon