Emily Dickinson once wrote, “Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all”. It’s no surprise that this is McKinley Smith’s favorite quote because she is one inspirational voice of hope. Tune into this week’s show to listen to her live performance (ah-mazing) and learn what she had to go through in recovery to get back to a healthy self and a happy self.
What You’ll Learn:
- What were the two most important pieces of McKinley’s recovery process.
- When and how to share that you are struggling with an eating disorder to friends and family.
- How music can help in the recovery process (BONUS: McKinley plays her song “Love is Worth Fighting” For live!).
- What an eating disorder prevented her from having in life.
- Why recovery is not a linear path.
For Your Journey
- Fall into Recovery Benefit Concert (Use discount code WARRIOR to receive 30% off gold and platinum tickets!)
- Low Low Low by Heartless Bastards
- Desert Song by Hillsong United
- Find professional help on ConnectED
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye
Connect with McKinley