Lynn use to be about every diet under the sun. Hungry to be cast in great roles she took to extreme measures to control her body, only to find herself out of control and stuck in the diet/binge cycle. In an effort to come to terms with her eating disorders, she started her blog The Actors Diet. Over the years as Lynn’s relationship to food transformed so has the content. What started as a daily diary of meals has become a place for her to show her ongoing balance and celebration of food. Being open with her story has led to many connections with other Asian-American woman dealing with similar issues. Tune into this show, to learn more about Lynn’s story and how she joined forces with Lisa Lee to create Thick Dumpling Skin, an online community for Asian-American woman to discuss healthy body.
What You’ll Learn
- What are common struggles unique to the Asian American community
- Why it is not common for Asian families to talk about feelings
- How Lynn communicated her problems with food to her family
- Why is she transparent about what she eats in Instagram
- How she has been able to manage external pressure from agents and fans
Life itself is the proper binge. -Julia Child
Favorite Recovery Resource
Advice to Former Self
Don’t worry. Things are going to be okay one day.
Definition of Recovery
The acceptance that there is no perfection.
For Your Journey
- 2016 Recovery Warrior Calendar (Use discount code WARRIOR to receive 10% off your order!)
- Find professional help on ConnectED
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye
Connect with Lynn