Kaila Prins has a problem with the diet industry and in this show you’ll hear all about how it was tied into her 13 year of battle with an eating disorder and exercise addiction. Now fully recovered Kaila works with women all over the country to empower them to redefine healthy, happy, and whole at any size.
Its not about going and being sexy for somebody else but really just reveling in this incredible and expressive thing that I’m wearing, which is my body. -Kaila
What You’ll Learn:
- Why Kaila counts characters not calories?
- What was her personal history to dieting and how has it shaped her opinion of the diet industry?
- What has helped her build more body confidence and awareness?
- What is her definition of recovery?
For Your Journey
- Gratitude Mad Libs
- The Psychology of Hunger: The Minnesota Starvation Experiment
- Body of Truth: How Science, History, and Culture Drive Our Obsession with Weight–and What We Can Do about It by Harriet Brown
- Find professional help on ConnectED
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye