I am going to be 100% recovered. I know it. – Julie Wickham
Julie Wickham’s battle with food and body began at age 15. In the midst of a relapse, Julie began listening to The Recovery Warrior Show. Inspired by other stories of recovery, she found hope that she too could finally heal her 40 year dysfunctional relationship with food and body.
When unable to find the treatment she needed in her rural area, Julie creatively built her own team of support. Like a sponge, she was ready to absorb new information, insights, and skills to take her life back. Julie has truly embraced becoming the hero of her own story. Her determination and courage have taken her past the limits of her fears. And she’s ready to face everything and recover.
Julie has plans for this lifetime, and full recovery is an essential part of them.
Tune into this episode of The Recovery Warrior Show to hear how Julie’s enthusiastic light is a true testament to the determination it takes to get to the other side of an eating disorder.
What You’ll Learn
- How the approach of menopause triggered a relapse of Julie’s eating disorder.
- The way she built her own team of support when she was unable to find traditional help locally.
- How Julie used journaling as a tool to heal from guilt and shame.
- The role resting and playing has as Julie transforms her relationship with exercise.
- The mindset shift that helped Julie view obstacles as challenges she can learn from.
I just wanted to be in the light and not in the dark anymore.
I can let the feeling happen. I can notice it, and then I can let it go. You know, it doesn’t stay with me forever.
One of the greatest things I think I’ve learned is that I don’t have to do this by myself. But I am responsible for doing it. I need to go through it but I don’t have to figure it out on my own.
Compassion is the light in the darkness.
I think it’s important to keep going, right? It’s worth it. It’s so worth it. It’s going to be worth it. 100% for me, because I have plans.
For Your Journey
- Sign up here to join the Courage Club!