Hilary Kinavey is a licensed professional counselor and one of the co-founders of Be Nourished, a center that offers group workshops, therapy, retreats, and much more to help people cultivate body trust and self-acceptance. In this episode, Hilary teaches us how to reestablish trust in our bodies and banish shame from our lives so we can fully embrace our creativity and intuition.
What You’ll Learn
- How to identify the physical sensations of shame in our bodies
- How overcoming shame can help us become better able to experience creativity, connection, and innovation with other people
- What are the 5 core competencies of BodyTrust™ and how they help cultivate self-respect and trust within ourselves
- Why not being able to stick to a diet is actually a good thing
- Why our healthcare system needs to be more educated about body positivity
You do not have to walk on your knees
For a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.-Wild Geese by Mary Oliver
Your silence will not protect you – Audrey Lorde
Favorite Recovery Resource
Advice to Former Self
This is not your fault. There are so many people struggling along with you. Meet them, talk about it. Know that this is what is going to be a part of what makes you, you.
Definition of Recovery
Being in a relationship with myself where I feel like I am committed to body respect and my own sense of safety and well being.
For Your Journey
- The Daring Way
- Self-Compassion with Dr. Kristin Neff
- Be Nourished and Body Trust Wellness
- Find professional help through Recovery Warriors Help Finder
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes