Like many of us, Abby Hutcheson fell into the yo-yo-diet cycle. She believed restricting calories and excessive exercise would lead her to the healthiest and happiest version of herself, when in reality it did the opposite. Stuck in a vicious cycle of binge eating and isolation, she decided to educate herself on how to break the pattern. In today’s show, Abby shares actionable tips that helped her and the women she coaches break destructive food habits and upon doing so, build a healthy relationship to food.
What You’ll Learn:
- What habits Abby needed to break in order to stop binge eating and how she did it.
- How you can gain a better understanding of why you engage in unwanted habits.
- What do rewards have to do with bad habits.
- What is easier: breaking habits or forming new ones.
For Your Journey
- Fall into Recovery Benefit Concert (Use discount code WARRIOR to receive 30% off gold and platinum tickets!)
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- The Desire Map: A Guide to Creating Goals with Soul by Danielle LaPorte
- Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: How to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle by Michelle May
- BJ Fogg’s Tiny Habits TED Talk
- Find professional help on ConnectED
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye
Connect with Abby